Re: Starting the intelligent agent

From: Herman Pool <h.pool_at_nibble.nl>
Date: 5 Jan 2004 00:12:47 -0800

"Chris" <cs123._no_spam__at_telstra.com> wrote in message news:<zC%Jb.77690$aT.28_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> > how do I start the Intelligent Agent?
> > How do I check that the Intelligent Agent is running?
> > How do make network communication between the Management Server and
> > the Intelligent Agent?
> >
> > OS: RedHat 8.0
> > Oracle: 9.2.0.1.0
> agentctl start
> agentctl status
> The OMS will know how to talk to the agent after you have discovered it.

Thanks all of you!

Now, I am a little step further in making a backup. That's what I want to do. I know that RMAN is also a possibility. The next thing I ran into is the Database backup wizard. It tells me:
This wizard could not be launched because the Preferred Credentials for node "baracuda" are either not set or are invalid. To set this information, select Preferences from the Configuration menu of the Enterprise Manager Console then use the Preferred Credentials ta of the Prefences dialog.

But what do I have to fill in??
I can give an account and a password.
But the database backup wizard gives always this message.

With kind regards,

Herman Pool Received on Mon Jan 05 2004 - 02:12:47 CST