Re: Checkpoint time

From: Steve Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:42:30 -0600

Try to force a manual checkpoint to see how long it takes. I discovered a few weeks back that a log switch checkpoint no longer completes
right away. It will wait until another event initiates it. (One event would be the next Redolog becomes 80% full) I discovered this information in a Metalink article which I have at the office, not here at home.
(I verified this on a couple of instances.)

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com
Author of: 'So You Want to be an Oracle DBA?'