[OT] Old versions - was: Database Design

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:07:54 +0100

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>

>> Sybrand Bakker wrote:

>>> Could be declared (but wheren't checked) in Oracle 6, were checked in
>>> Oracle 7.1 onwards. Oracle 7 was released in 1994. Oracle 6 was
>>> released in 1989. Heck do you really think there are people out there
>>> running Oracle 5?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>>

>> Would you like a copy of 5.0.17.22 for DOS? If only I could
>> get my 5" FD working again...

> If it is a serious offer I would definitely like any copies of Oracle,
> version 5 or before on original media for the U.
>
> Also any pair of "knitting needles" like we used to use for sorting
> punch cards.

Sorry - all that survived is SQL*Forms V2.0A, Disks 1 & 3 (C) 1986, 1987 (original media).
Let me know where you want them sent to, if al all.

5.1B for DOS is not original media; consists of Install (1)
Utilities (1/1)

SQL*Forms 2.3  (3/3)
SQL*Menu 4.1 (2/2)
SQL*Plus V2.1 (1/?)

RDBSM V5.1B (3/?)
3.5" disks, not clear if it's complete. Recall Sybrands ordeal, though, so it seems not. But there have been low as well as high density 3.5" distributions of that, so perhaps...

How about when I toss in Oracle WebServer V1.0 for NT (original) ;-) Or Case 5.1 (ditto), or Workgroup Server V7.2/NT?

--
A prosperous 2004,
Regards,