Re: Database Design

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 21:10:06 +0100

On 3 Jan 2004 11:46:33 -0800, miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net (Carlos) wrote:

>Are the people at Oracle stupid and/or ignorants? Daniel thinks so...

Daniel obviously is a long-time Oracle user. I am too. Over the years I have seen the quality of Oracle non-server products deteroriating, and the same applies to the quality of Oracle provided consultants. Basically there is no difference anymore between Oracle consultants and consultants provided by large consulting firms. Apparently everyone must be fishing in the same pool of 25-year old graduates, who only learned to hit a button, instead of learning to develop. I routinely notice all people working in IT younger than about 30 usually don't know anything about development methods and logical thinking. We can see the horrid outcome everywhere in the field.
Daniel is only too right.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA