Re: Database Design

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: 3 Jan 2004 11:46:33 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1073076799.63465_at_yasure>...
> Stupidity
> Ignorance
> Port from mainframe app without invervention of synapses
> Creation of mediocrity under the banner of platform indepdendence
> Attitude that your data integrity problems are not their issue
> Attitude that your data integrity problems are $ for their consultants
>
> Not that I have a strong opinion you understand. ;-)

A great example of this is the design used by Oracle Translation Builder which I have been recently working with. A tangle of tables with no integrity reference constraints (no FK's) between them. Are the people at Oracle stupid and/or ignorants? Daniel thinks so...

Regards. Received on Sat Jan 03 2004 - 13:46:33 CST