Re: TAF without RAC or OPS

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 06:40:52 GMT

Jim Dwyer wrote:

> Is it possible to run use TAF for SELECT failover with just two
> separate oracle databases which are not part of OPS or RAC cluster?
>
> My application is read-only so I do not need clustering or shared
> disk. I just want the select statements to be re-executed on the
> stand-by oracle instance when the first one fails. The databases are
> on different machines with different disks but they contain the same
> data.
>
> Is this possible? How would I configure TAF SELECT failover without
> RAC or OPS?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jim

(Please note - cross-posting to the comp.databases.oracle tree is a waste of everyone's resources. Please pick one, or stick with the cdo.server I've selected!!!!! Thanks)

From the Oracle9i Net Services Administrator's Guide, Chapter 15:

TAF works with the following database configurations to effectively mask a database failure:

Oracle9i Real Application Clusters
Oracle9i Real Application Clusters Guard Replicated systems
Standby databases
Single instance Oracle database

The document also provides additional useful info and further pointers about this. Received on Sat Jan 03 2004 - 00:40:52 CST