Re: Database Design

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:25:21 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 21:29:38 GMT, Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Sadly, in some situations the developers and DBAs have an US vs THEM
> >attitude: possibly due to arrogance; fear of job loss; lack of
> >knowledge; or politics. Instead of talking, there is a great divide,
> >with each side [justifiably??] blaming the other.
>
> The third party vendor will always cover his/her ass and is never to
> blame. It is ALWAYS Oracle's and the DBAs fault.

Now, now Sybrand. Occasionally even DBAs make mistakes. (Why, even I remember one ... <g>)

Please note that my comment did not imply a direction. Even though we've both seen some crap from 3rd party vendors, we've both also seen some incompetent DBAs. Thus, in some cases, the justification is indeed valid. Received on Fri Jan 02 2004 - 17:25:21 CST