Re: TAF without RAC or OPS

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:50:19 -0800

Jim Dwyer wrote:

> Is it possible to run use TAF for SELECT failover with just two
> separate oracle databases which are not part of OPS or RAC cluster?
>
> My application is read-only so I do not need clustering or shared
> disk. I just want the select statements to be re-executed on the
> stand-by oracle instance when the first one fails. The databases are
> on different machines with different disks but they contain the same
> data.
>
> Is this possible? How would I configure TAF SELECT failover without
> RAC or OPS?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jim

My understanding is that you can not.

However my understanding is that you anger just about everyone when you post the exact same message to multiple usenet groups. Please don't do that again. Lets try to ignore the postings to c.d.o. and c.d.o.misc and just respond in c.d.o.server where the message belongs.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu