TAF without RAC or OPS

From: Jim Dwyer <jimdwyer1976_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jan 2004 12:33:57 -0800

Is it possible to run use TAF for SELECT failover with just two separate oracle databases which are not part of OPS or RAC cluster?

My application is read-only so I do not need clustering or shared disk. I just want the select statements to be re-executed on the stand-by oracle instance when the first one fails. The databases are on different machines with different disks but they contain the same data.

Is this possible? How would I configure TAF SELECT failover without RAC or OPS?

Thanks,