bad performance with sqlplus on solaris

From: computer person <fake_address_at_nothing.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 03:38:50 GMT

Hi,

We are migrating our systems from aix4.3.3 to solaris8. During migration we noticed that the sqlplus queries take a lot longer with the Solaris client then with the aix sqlplus. This was proved by running the same query against the solaris db server from a solaris client and aix and tabulating the results.

We found 1 thing that slowed it down and adjusted the SQL accordingly. The LINESIZE was set real high even though the result set was only 250 bytes max (columns). This yielded very good results but we are looking for some more improvment, if possible.

Any stories of people that use SQLPLUS on solaris and have gone through some tuning with the client and got good results? Looks like our db server is working well with exception of this.

Thanks Received on Thu Jan 01 2004 - 21:38:50 CST