Re: DB File Sequential Read Waits

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:00:55 -0000

The more people who use this, the more
bugs, or deficiencies, get discovered.

For example (deficiency) it does force
sharing of anonymous pl/sql blocks, like:

begin

    run_my_procedure('A');
end;

begin

    run_my_procedure('B');
end;

Although it will work with

    call run_my_procedure('A');
    call run_my_procedure('B');

But then Connor pointed out a few days ago that if you had real bind variables mixed in with the literals your session would crash.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html