Re: Where is Oracle’s Grid ?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:15:53 +1100

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1072832152.36992_at_yasure...

> Personally I'd like to see Oracle break all implicit conversions.
> Problem is that there is so much badly written code out there that
> they can't.

What do you know? All we have to do is bring this whole third party subject up and bingo!:

http://www.remote-dba.net/vendor_support.htm

complete with a new book from that camp on "how to tune third party" stuff.

Of course, it won't go unnoticed to those here that the subject of how bad third party apps are and how much attention they need and how many problems they bring was brought up HERE by yours truly and Daniel. NO ONE else had the cojones to talk openly about it or make strong points about this subject.

Guess who are now the experts on the subject and who will be recognized as "credible"? I can see the "certification" parade very soon. What will it be now? "Third-party apps master OCP"? :D

> Lets hope more IT people show some backbone and stop letting ignorant
> managers make purchases that put them into a form of virtual slavery.

I'm sure a few books from the "expert factory" above will fix all that! As soon as the Geomancers of this world stop talking about logical I/O it will all become clear and obvious.

> I am teaching a class at the U during the Spring quarter for managers of
> technology projects that are not experts in technology. One might
> consider this Dilbert's revenge. I'm going to have 30 hours during which
> I am going to get to let the pointy-haired bosses see them as we see
> them. It should be a blast.
>
> If you want to sign up your management have them contact me. ;-)

Oh, mine are OK. I'm mostly doing design and development nowadays and the mob I work with are fairly clued when it comes to this. But yes, I know only too well what you mean.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto