Re: Facing Problem When I want tor perform Backup using Forms' HOST command

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:58:15 +0100

On 30 Dec 2003 04:38:14 -0800, bush_90002000_at_yahoo.com (Martin) wrote:

>However when I explicitly run the command via the command line it
>works and runs successfully.
>Could anyone please give the solultion.
>
>Host @c:\Rman2\rman.cmd SYSTEM/MANAGER_at_test3 C USERS

Since when does need one an @ sign to start a cmd procedure?

Apart from that, to me it looks like running a backup from a forms session and also exposing the system password on the command line is extreemly bad programming practice.
Backups should be run from the server. PERIOD.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA