Re: Export throws ORA-04063 on a brand new DB

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_NoOrSaPcAlMe.com>
Date: 29 Dec 2003 10:08:26 -0800

In article <asquuv4lvfmtc1ff13l0p459l2d9umrbf6_at_4ax.com>, Rick Denoire says...

>I just migrated a DB from 8.1.7.0 to 9.2.0.4 via full export/import
>and everything seemed to go well. But now, at my first attempt to do a
>full export from the new created DB, a get following errors:
>
>EXP-00008: ORACLE error 4068 found
>ORA-04068: existing state of package has been discarded
>ORA-04063: package body "SYS.LT_EXPORT_PKG" hat errors
>ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
>ORA-06512: in line 1
>EXP-00083: former problem occurred calling
>SYS.LT_EXPORT_PKG.schema_info_exp aufgetreten
>
>The export itself finishes with warnings, but I am afraid it won't be
>of any use.
>
>Then I found that I have 66 invalid sys objects. I ran
>$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql to recompile, but that did not
>help. I also tried "grant execute on sys.lt_export_pkg to public", did
>not help either.
>
>Hey, this was supposed to be a well organized procedure. It was tested
>several times before in a different environment, the resulting DB was
>checked by developers, etc. I just missed doing an testwise export of
>the target DB.
>
>Neither export or rman are running for the new DB...
>Now I am lost in [Oracle] space. Any help will be highly appreciated!
>
>Bye
>Rick Denoire
>
>PS:
>The actual procedure was:
>1. Install Oracle 9.2.0.1 using a new ORACLE_HOME (Solaris 7)
>2. Apply PatchSet 9.2.0.4
>3. Produce a DB creation script using the DBCA.
>4. Edit and Use the script to create an empty DB (no example schemas).
>5. Do a full import to the empty DB and check everything.
>6. Cold backup of old prod. DB, rename old DB.
>7. Rename new DB to original name(using the "backup controlfile to
>trace" script).
>
>(and yes, I know that renaming was not absolutely necessary, but hell
>knows what can go wrong - DB links?).

There's a metalink note (the number escapes me) that describes how to fix the problem.

                                        Rick

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation
     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.