Re: TEXT_IO

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 29 Dec 2003 08:40:43 -0800

bush_90002000_at_yahoo.com (Martin) wrote in message news:<f5db949f.0312282003.1dacf37a_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have a question related to RMAN backup via form.
> Currently I am using windows batch file to backup one or more
> tablespaces using RMAN.
> I am passing two parameters to batch file (@c:\rman.cmd USERS TOOLS)
> to perform backup of two tablespaces in Oracle.
>

> But now I want to use forms to perform this operation. I heard the
> form utility TEXT_IO to perform this operation, but I have not a solid
> background of forms.
> Could you please inform how to perform the backup using RMAN in forms
> (TEXT_IO).
> In addition how do I pass tablespace name as a parameter to RMAN using
> TEXT_IO in forms.
>
> I will be thankful to you.
>
> With Best Regards
>
> Martin

Martin, text_io is a Forms routine for reading and writing text files on the client. The only way I know you could use it to run an rman backup is if you wrote a Forms application to generate an rman backup script and then executed it.

The version of Oracle and the version of Forms in use would be appropriate to aid in getting useful responses.

Also you will find more people familar with FORMS and Report Writer on the comp.databases.oracle.tools board.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Dec 29 2003 - 10:40:43 CST