RMAN Backup of Archived Log Files

From: AMIT <kumar_929_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 28 Dec 2003 19:59:00 -0800

I have a query related to backup archive logfiles.

With regards to RMAN, I am taking a backup of archived log files but if one of them was deleted ,the RMAN gave the following error.

For Example:

RMAN-06089: archived log
D:\ORACLE9I\ORA92\RDBMS\ARC00028.001 not found

 However we tell RMAN not to read the unavailable  ArchivedLog Files by using the following command, therefore  this error not comes.

RMAN> change archivelog ‘c:\oracle9i\ora92\rdbms\arc00028.001' uncatalog;

But I want that this operation will perform automatically with out getting error.

Actually we backup the ArchiveLogs but they never get deleted. Once we have more than 4 Weeks of ArchiveLogs on our Server we delete the ArchiveLogs that are older than 4 weeks.

Our automated Backup Program uses RMAN and stops with an Error.

We would like to adjust the RMAN Script used by the Backup Program so no more errors are generated, because old ArchiveLogs were deleted.

The ArchiveLogs already got backed up on Tape. However the deletion is not automated and we would like to keep it that way. Could you please send a script that give a solution.

Thanks

AMIT Received on Sun Dec 28 2003 - 21:59:00 CST