Can't connect through access using Oracle ODBC driver, sql*plus connects fine

From: Steve <smontgomerie_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Dec 2003 17:27:20 -0800

Hello,
I am having to accomidate an external connection to our database from outside of the firewall. We have modified the firewall rules to accomidate net8 traffic from the specified IP address. Specifically we allow all tcp traffic from IP XXXXX. We allow all to accomidate Windows port redirection.

The client can connect successfully with sql*plus through the firewall. They can also tinsping, ping, and create/test an odbc connection to the database.
When they try and link tables though MS access however they get ORA-12541. Any suggestions? I thought ODBC used the net8 layer to connect so If sql*plus works then why no the odbc connection that uses the net8 layer?

Thanks

Steve Received on Tue Dec 23 2003 - 19:27:20 CST