Installation fails win2k/9i

From: Tom Jones <tomjones_at_lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:33:39 -0500

Summery:
When I run setup it just returns having done nothing with no error messages

Background:
Win2k and 9i server ... all i need to do is a default installation in order to test some PHP query routines ... so I don' need anything fancy running on the server.

I have :
Oracle9i (9.2.0.1.0) for Mircrosoft Windows NT/2000.XP (Y180155) a 3 disk set and win2k w/ sp3

I am not connected to a network and i wonder if that could be part of the problem .. if the installation process requires stuff from Oracle site - howvwer I load the disk .. get the start screen from the cd and select install (tried it copying to hard disk first and then running the auto start ... and tried just running startup.exe .. in all cases the program starts to exicute and then just returns having done nothing and with no error messages.

can any one help?
can anyone give me a pointer to rudimentary installations instructions or tutorial?

Thanks
Tom Received on Tue Dec 23 2003 - 12:33:39 CST