Re: High availability for Oracle

From: Valentin Minzatu <v.m.i.n.z.a.t.u._at_.r.o.g.e.r.s.c.o.m>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:25:32 GMT

He he he: you are right (synchronous/asynchronous). It seems that a redo based replication is much easier manageable than the Oracle's replication. (I don't say Oracle replication is bad or something like that).

If there is anything you know good or bad about this type of tools please let me know: I would like to have all the information handy when I get to present the options.

Thanks a lot Jim.

Valentin

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net> wrote in message news:YBYFb.22464$VB2.51371_at_attbi_s51...
> Lets see, on the one hand you require it to be synchronous and on the
other
> hand you are looking into asynchronous. Me thinks you are into BSO.
(bright
> shiny objects - technology for technology's sake)
>
> NASDQ, has very high requirements and they have two RAC installations.
(one