Re: High availability for Oracle

From: Valentin Minzatu <v.m.i.n.z.a.t.u._at_.r.o.g.e.r.s.c.o.m>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:29:28 GMT

RAC is considered as well, but only for HA. What I am looking for is both HA and disaster recovery, so probably it will be a combination of RAC and something else to cover the disaster eventuality. Oracle's DataGuard is out of the question as it is not doing real-time or near real time replication, as we need 0 or almost zero data loss.

Valentin