Applying patch 9.2.0.4.0 Quirks

From: A. Fuentes <alvarof2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:02:06 -0600

Fellow Oracle Netters:

I am having trouble applying patch 9.2.0.4.0 to a 9.2.0.1.0 DBS running on AIX 5.2

I double checked the permissions of the directories and files that the Oracle installer will modify, and they are fine set to oracle:oinstall, since by following the same procedure and same settings I was able to install the Oracle Patch 9.2.0.2.0 to a 9.2.0.1.0 DBS.

I get messages like:

"1)
Exception thrown from action: make
Exception Name: MakefileException
Exception String: Error in invoking target patchset_opt of makefile
/u01/app/ora

cle/product/9i02/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
Exception handling set to prompt user with options to RETRY IGNORE User choice : Retry
Exception thrown from action: make
Exception Name: MakefileNotFoundException Exception String: Unable to find make file :
/u01/app/oracle/product/9i02/rdbms/

2)
Exception thrown from action: make
Exception Name: MakefileException
Exception String: Error in invoking target install of makefile
/u01/app/oracle/p

roduct/9i02/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk
Exception Severity: 1 "

etc.

and also some executables in $ORACLE_HOME/bin like sqlplus are being modified incorrectly, ending up with size 0.

I am using the Oracle installer 2.2.0.18.0 (lates which comes with patch 9.2.0.4.0 since previous versions of the installer wont work with this patch)

Accordint to the installation instructions, the procedure is the same as the one used for the 9.2.0.2.0 patch.

Questions:

Are there any additional steps that I need to do in order to apply successfully patch 9.2.0.4.0?

Any advice/info/thoughts will be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

  1. Fuentes