no listener.ora

From: Oracle Learner <hastenthunder_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:52:37 -0500

Platform: Red Hat Linux 9
Oracle Version: Oracle 9i2

As I understand it, there is no need to configure a listener service manually. After the first database is created, listener.ora is place in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and the databases' network and service information is automatically added to it (listener.ora).

However I created a testing db and no listener.ora file is founded. The "lsnrctl status" command does not list the Listener Parameter File.

Does anybody know why is this happening?

Thanks Received on Mon Dec 22 2003 - 12:52:37 CST