Adding new datafile question

From: ITAPORT06 <mokat67_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:42:30 +0100

Orcale 8i on WINNT

I have a tablespace with one datafile (1) which has almost grown to 2080MB. I read on the forum that it is better not going over 200OMB so I will add a 2nd datafile to this tablespace.

Datafile (1) has the following extend option: " autoextend on next 5120K"

If I creating a 2nd datafile should I take away or put extend on datafile (1) on zero ?

The goal is that that datafile (1) will not grow anymore and that the database starts to make use of datafile 2 for growth.

Thanks Received on Sun Dec 21 2003 - 15:42:30 CST