Re: Background Processes and I/O

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:29:59 -0000

Smon kicks in every 5 minutes to query ts$ to check if any dictionary-managed tablespaces have pctincrease non-zero, and then tries to coalesce them. THere are several other jobs that smon does which are also visible as standard SQL querying, and therefore require normal database read requests.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html