Re: Where is Oracle’s Grid ?

From: DJ <nospamplease_at_goaway.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:28:22 -0000

> > very true, if you bought my companies app then you would be breaking
> > licenses by just going into sql*plus :-)

I know the case with my app, its the Oracle license you would break by using sql*plus as its an embedded Oracle license which only permits access to the database via the application it is sold with (its cheaper that way)

If I had my way, I would let the customer (i.e. you) go into the app and suggest improvements and maybe tune it yourself (at instance level anyway) then feedback what you do to us so we can incororate, more times than not we come across some very clever people who cant help us cos it isnt alloweed. The only thing I would stop people doing is SQL tuning as if you break something then it can get messy Received on Sun Dec 21 2003 - 07:28:22 CST