Re: xml & oracle sp

From: Sander <x_at_x.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:23:49 GMT

Hi Daniel,

These functions, apparently, do not work on a standard 1st release Oracle 9i database. These come with the SQL/XML extensions only on the 2nd release. There is no change we will be moving to 2de release. I am indeed looking for a way to do this (exactly as what happens in de sample), but now with building the string myself (i think).

Please help some more!

Regards,

Sander

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> schreef in bericht news:1071846447.180293_at_yasure...
> Sander wrote:
>
> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > thanx for your swift response. That would be a great thing if oracle
> > supported thing I am looking for. Off course I checked the Oracle site
but
> > if you look for XML there, you get lost. Could you give some more
details.

> > In plain, i need a way to translate relational data to an XML string
using a
> > stored procedure. Nothing fancy. Is XMLDB the thing I am looking for?
Seems