Re: Oracle online backups -- switching to archivelog mode as necessary?

From: Michael P <usenet_at_krimedawg.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:34:33 -0800

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:06:41 -0800, Paul Drake wrote:

> there is a large different between a database in archivelog, and the
> archver process being started. you shall soon see.
>
> best consult the concepts manual, and the administration guide would
> not hurt either.

Thanks for this helpful reply. I have the administration guide, but haven't gotten through more than the first few chapters yet.

I'll implement a full archivelog mode solution, then and finish reading that book. Is the concepts manual something we should've gotten when we purchased Oracle? I don't see it on our bookshelf anywhere, but I can't find it at amazon either... Received on Fri Dec 19 2003 - 12:34:33 CST