Database layout - file distribution

From: Milan Smederevac <smeky_at_gmx.net>
Date: 19 Dec 2003 06:55:59 -0800

Hi,
I have a question:
I'm trying to figure best possible physical layout but as always we are one disk short for optimal layout, I've read K.Loney DBA handbook on that subject
and there is suggested combination of RBS and TEMP segments but would it be mistake to put TEMP segments with redo log files?

So, what is better, or less bad. To combine RBS wit TEMP tablespace on same HDD
 or to have TEMP datafiles combined with redolog files ?

I think that is pretty the same, RBS and Redo logs are write intensive when we have some updates or deletes, on the other side TEMP segments are used when we have some sorts that can't be done in memory?

thanks for reply in advance
M.S.

PS 8i on SunOS 5.6
with 10 mirrored HDDs dedicated for DB. Received on Fri Dec 19 2003 - 08:55:59 CST