Re: Where is Oracle’s Grid ?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:42:08 +1100

"Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message

> > I had to put up with in 6 years of dealing closely with DEC "experts".
> > Truly unbelievable.
>
> Maybe it was just different in this part of the world.

I'm told yes. It was definitely a local thing. I still remember having a DEC'xpert approach me when I was demonstrating a monitoring tool in 91 and ask me with a superior look if I knew what a row lock was. When I said "yes sir, I do know what a row lock is", he simply thanked me and left. To this day, I don't know what the crap this idiot wanted: the tool I was showing was measuring disk activity rates on queries...

> Well, I was referring much further back, to the 1956 consent decree
> http://www.compamerica.com/ibm1956cd.html , not the later stuff like
> http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f1200/1273.htm#CONTNUM_24 .

Yeah, they have a LONG history...

--