Oracle & XML

From: Sander <x_at_x.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:04:28 GMT

Hi,

Hope any one can give me some direction on the following.

I am fairly new to oracle, but know some about SQL server. I am looking for an ' easy' way to write a SP which outputs an simpel XML string based on the results of a query (like FOR XML AUTO in SS). I am using 9i standard 1 release, so as I understand, no nifty XMLElement functions. The simpelst way would be to use a cursor, loop it and just write the xml tags and values my self. Is this indeed the best solution and if so, how does this implements in
an Oracle SP.
I understand it is possible to use the DOM in pl/sql. Can someone tell me how I go about that (from scratch)?? Any help much appreciated!

Sander
tillebuorren_at_zonnet.nl Received on Fri Dec 19 2003 - 03:04:28 CST