Re: RAID5 Poll

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2003 23:22:42 -0800

"Burt Peltier" <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<4LbEb.8918$3k6.8407_at_bignews5.bellsouth.net>...
> Please to not post replies with comments on why not or do not suggest why
> something is better.
>
> I am just trying to get a general informal feedback from only
> people/companies using RAID5 to store ANY Oracle online files.
>
> Thanks.
> --

Hi.

I'd like to troll this newsgroup as to whether I'm better off to deploy on win32 or lin32. I figure that its likely that lin32 will provide both better performance and better error detection/manageability, but I'm lazy. I can click the buttons in OEM and in W2K, and having to learn all of that command line stuff like configuring shared memory settings and semaphores seems like a real pain.

I realize that by being lazy, that I make it easier for this to be outsourced to a country where folks are more motivated, but the mangement structure here does not reward pushing leenucks.

So I already know that leenucks would likely provide better performance, but only if I get really lucky and find the right papers as to how to configure it properly. I think that a cluebie like myself is better off with an OS with the hood welded shut. I like to click the buttons.

As clueless as I am, I still wouldn't use RAID 5.

I AM TROLL, FEED ME. Pd Received on Fri Dec 19 2003 - 01:22:42 CST