Re: Fetch accross commit

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:54:29 GMT

> If I delete individual
> rows inside a cursor loop with a commit every N rows, will that cause
> unnecesarry performance problems?

Yes, yes, and yes. Every time you have to COMMIT, work needs to be done. By committing in a loop, you are increasing the amount of work that needs to be done. You can't do this extra work without requiring more time to complete the process. The correct solution is to create a very large rollback segment and use that RBS for your DELETE operation.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com