Re: import fails to import all rows.

From: Cookie Monster <cookie.monster_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:26:33 +0100

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:1a75df45.0312171137.2b639990_at_posting.google.com...
> "Cookie Monster" <cookie.monster_at_somewhere.com> wrote
> >
> > I have an export from oracle 8.1.7 and attempting to import a table into
> > oracle 9.2.0.4. My table has 100,000 rows but only 30,000 rows are
imported.
> > No errors are given. The table does have one clob column.
>
> To add to Daniel's reply..
>
> How sure are you that 100,000 rows were indeed exported? Maybe the
> 30,000 rows mean that just 30,000 rows exist in the export dump file?

When I run the export it tells me that 200,000 rows were exported. The file is pretty big so I believe it.

> What are the export and import parameters?

exp name/pass fille=x.dmp compress=n statistics=none tables=meTable

Thinking that this might be due to a problem with the source I made a copy of the original table with create table ..as select... I then exported this copy. The export and import worked correctly with the copied table. So clearly there is a problem with the source, although I cannot tell what. ANALYZE TABLE meTable VALIDATE STRUCTURE

Gives no idications of corruptions.

Cookie.