Oracle Upgrade 9.0 to 9.2

From: John Wood <jwood_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 05:13:40 GMT

I am running Oracle 9.0.1.4 on Window 2000 platform. I plan to upgrade the Oracle to 9.2.
I was told that in order to have clean upgrade, it is better to do a full export. Then delete the datafile in the older version, run the upgrade, create the needed tablespace, then do the import.

This way we will not see any odd problem.

Please advise if this is true.

Thanks.

Jw. Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 23:13:40 CST