Re: Responsiveness of Server at high CPU load

From: Jarmo <jarmo_at_jarmo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:17:02 -0500

"Rick Denoire" <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message news:ihs1uvs0oiljapuffmdpec0fccns0qkj94_at_4ax.com...
> "Jarmo" <jarmo_at_jarmo.com> wrote:
>
> >3. there is a bug in Oracle on your version of Linux
>
> I hope not.

There are hundreds of bugs in Oracle, trust me. But hopefully they're not causing you any significant problems.

> >4. there is a significant design flaw in Oracle that allows it to be
> >saturated by a single, errant query
>
> That worries me a lot.

That was an opinion as to something that might be causing you a problem; it wasn't a statement of fact. Ideally the database ought not to get itself into the situation you describe. Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 19:17:02 CST