Re: Where is Oracle’s Grid ?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2003 15:46:15 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1071650922.853887_at_yasure>...

> We're trying. What do you expect from gigabytes of software? Absolute
> perfection?

I expect iterative improvements, regression testing and QC before release. Can't say as that is always what I am seeing. Some is a lot better than in the past, but I still have moments of "Did anyone just sit down and try to do this?"

They seem to put that trying stuff in metalink notes, way too late. Or in some cases, like the 'My Company' demo for 9iAS, they post it when the _next_ release is production. Can't help but think there is financial motivation for that (ie, don't give away training you can charge for).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/wed/business/news_1b17motorola.html