TIMESTAMP datatype in Oracle 9i

From: Hong <hong_guy2003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2003 11:50:52 -0800

Hi,

How can I create a table with TIMESTAMP datatype field inside Orcle Enterprise Manager Console, Standalone (Version 9.2.0.1.0)?

The problem is there is no TIMESTAMP in the Datatype drop-down list in the Manager Console. If I choose Date datatype, I can't input nanoseconds, for example, '07-14-2002 11:07:00.123456789 AM', in the Table Editor. (The Table Editor is invoked by right-clicking the table and then choose Edit/View Contents...).

Then I tried to do it in Oracle SQL*Plus. I issued:

SQL> create table HR.test1 ( x TIMESTAMP);

Table created.

SQL> insert into HR.test1 VALUES('07-14-2002 11:07:00.123456789 AM');

1 row created.

SQL> select * from HR.test1;

07-14-2002 11:07:00.123457 AM

Go back to Orcle Enterprise Manager Console, Standalone, click HR.TEST1. The Datatype for Column X is TIMESTAMP(6). When I tried to view its contents in the Table Editor, error message:   Oracle Enterprise Manager

     VTOS-2011: Cannot display the contents of the table with columns of type LOB, RAW, LONG and OBJECT.

If I query the table through JDBC, the result is empty. There is also an error if through ODBC: Invalid identifier in statement.

I checked the documentation that comes with the database, but didn't find too much.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Hong Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 13:50:52 CST