Oracle Startup Problem -- Shared memory realm does not exist.

From: jiggaman <jiggamanrocks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2003 11:17:22 -0800

hi

Just installed oracle8i EE on Windows 2000 server. all installation was fine. Created the database ..everything went on sucessfully. When i restarted my machine oracle did not start automatically. when i try to login using system/manager it gives me the err saying Oracle not available and that the shared memory realm does not exist. Upon examing my process in the task manager i found that there was a oracle.exe process running utilizing around 8 Megs of memory. so i went into svrmgrl and connected using internal and gave the startup command and the database was mounted sucessfully. After that i have my database up and running fine and i can use it as i want.

The Problem is everytime i restart my machine i have to go thru this process of manually going into svrmgrl and then starting it. I know previuosly we had a dba and at that time when the machine was restarted, oracle was start automatically. How can this be achieved on my current database. are they some extra parameters that need to be set somewhere ??

any and all help in this matter will be hight appreciated.

TIA Jigga Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 13:17:22 CST