Re: RMAN Backups/Recoveries

From: Bricklen <bricklen-rem_at_yahoo.comz>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:01:26 GMT

Ofer Razon wrote:

> I think you didn`t understand me.
> I`ll run the full recovery once.
> From now and on, I`ll continue to do an incr. backup from my source DB, and
> on my target DB I`ll run an incremental recovery every day. I WONT OPEN THE
> DB.
>
> So, when I`ll decide to open this DB, I`ll get the latest version of my
> source DB.
> Afterwards, if I`ll want to run the process again - I`ll start with the full
> recovery....

Not having read any of this thread except this last post, this may already have been mentioned:
Are you asking about a physical standby database? The standby is in a continual state of recovery with archived logs from primary being applied at the specified intervals on the standby db. I suppose this could be referred to as "incremental recovery" (a misnomer, but what the hey)

anyways, I'll bow out again.

Cheers,

Bricklen Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 13:01:26 CST