UTF8 Characters Loaded With SQLLDR

From: Russ <russ_spieler_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 17 Dec 2003 07:32:02 -0800

Hello:

We are loading files with UTF8 Characters (such as İ and Ç) My CTL File has:
LOAD DATA
CHARACTERSET UTF8
APPEND
INTO TABLE EXT_STG_SPEND
.... then the columns....

We set NLS_LANG on Linux to
export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

In Oracle:

NLS_LANGUAGE = AMERICAN
NLS_TERRITORY = AMERICA
NLS_CHARACTERSET = UTF8
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET = UTF8

When I run this SQLLDR, The string: "PC İÇİN ALINAN LİSANS BED." gets input into my table as "PC ¿¿ ALINAN L¿ANS BED."

I know that my DB supports "PC İÇİN ALINAN LİSANS BED." because when I enter it by hand it can maintain it.....

I have read countless articles on the subject to no avail....

Any help or direction on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Wed Dec 17 2003 - 09:32:02 CST