Re: TAF on 10g RAC

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:59:58 -0800

koert54 wrote:

> On 9i RAC TAF was limited to queries only, eg if a node failed, only
> sessions that were not
> doing a transaction, were migrated to the surviving node and resumed. All
> users performing
> a transaction had to re-login.
> My question for all 10g guru's - has this behaviour been changed ?
>
> regards,
> Kurt

Unless I misunderstand your statement I disagree with it. Our standard fail-over demo involves pulling the plug on a machine on which queries are being performed in an endless loop.

You start off saying TAF is limited to queries only and then you say only sessions not doing queries fail-over. Properly written you can fail-over updates and other DML.

What I want to see is Oracle get their act together with their other product offerings. There is no excuse for selling Forms, Reports, and Apps that can't fail-over.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu