Dump directory read only Database still running

From: Robert <_at_tref.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:40:15 +0100

Hello,

I have a 8.1.7 DB running on a windows 2000 server. We have put all the database create scripts, pfile,etc in a standardized directory structure placed in RCS.
All scripts are written so i only have to provid some basic parameters ,SID, RAM volume's etc and a database can be created.

It seemed that all sub directory and files of the directory are READ only.

So that goes for BDUMP CDUMP UDUMP pfile, etc.

Database does start normally, runs normally, from the outside nobody detects anything.
But when inspecting alert log -> there is nothing there.

Changing it back to the proper read /write settings gave me an alert log again.

I was wondering -? What does the database do with log data when not being able to log ? I expected the database not to run / start

cheers,

Robert Received on Tue Dec 16 2003 - 12:40:15 CST