Newbie questions...

From: Matt <thesensfanGOGO_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:28:47 -0500

Hello,

Was wondering if someone could help me out with my Oracle 9 install on a Solaris 9 machine? I am looking for some instruction on how to determine what values should be set in the /etc/system file. To day I have installed Oracle a number of times with some values that I obtained off the web somewhere. However, I am sure these values are not what the truly should be. My system is as follows:

SunFire V100
500 MHz
2GB RAM I think it is also important to note that the database will not be used extensively. It will be used to hold some basic data and only be accessed a couple of times per hour.

Any help would be great. I am willing to read so if there are any docs / websites you know of please pass them along!

Cheers! Received on Tue Dec 16 2003 - 12:28:47 CST