Re: RMAN Backups/Recoveries

From: Ofer Razon <orazon_at_dbnet.co.il>
Date: 16 Dec 2003 00:28:48 -0800

Hi Howard.
Thanks for the reply.

I think you didn`t understand me correctly so I`ll ask it in another way :

First - Is it possible to work with RMAN in the following way :

- Make a full backup once
- From now and on - make only incremental backups
- On another server - Make a full restore once
- From now and on (Every 2 days for example) - run all the incremental
changes.
I`ll neverf open the recovered database, so practicly it`ll always be in recovery mode.

What will I do with this always-recovered DB? My storage allows my to define PITs, and then define a RW view (view = in it`s storage meaning) on this PIT so I can work on it without interfering the recovery process (on the view I can do the resetlogs and it`ll affect only this branch).

Why do I need it?
I`m looking for a way to keep an updated copy of my production copy so everytime I`ll need to do some tests, I`ll be able to define a PIT and a view and work on it.

Ofer.