Re: Where is Oracle’s Grid ?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 04:46:51 GMT

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> > It's roughly in the same place as Microsoft's Longhorn ... publically
> > discussed, privately viewed and totally misunderstood.
>
> Misunderstood?? I thought we're discussing the oncoming release of Oracle
> RDBMS, not quantum physics. BTW, Microsoft didn't announce Longhorn,

Ummmm - where did you get that information that Oracle announced Longhorn? What have I missed?

And further, where could I have gotten the (apparently mistaken) impression that Micorsoft has a new Windows version code-named Longhorn?

Did I misread html//www.infoworld.com/article/03/09/30/HNlonghorn_1.html (NEWS, Microsoft to lift lid on Longhorn OS New user interface likely won't be included in pre-beta release of Longhorn ... A Longhorn beta is planned for 2004. ... )

Are we referring to the same product 'code name'? Are we in the same universe, or has there been a quantum dimensional shift that I've missed?

> oracle did. May be oracle shouldn't adopt Microsoft marketing practices
> unless you want to arise the same type of sentiments?

Seems to me the Microsoft tactics have been relatively successful. Can I assume the 'sentiments' you reference are those found in a typical *n[ui]x shop? Received on Mon Dec 15 2003 - 22:46:51 CST