Re: SQL Server Yukon

From: Paul <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:27:19 -0000

kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net says...

> Agree, Bill is copying Larry. If you think of Oracle as an OS, hasn't it
> started to move in that direction with 8i. (Oracle file system, Java in the
> db, in 10 G the automated file management, etc.)

I think that this is a good point - there appears to be a move to "meld" databases and OS's - file system databases/database file-systems.

Not sure that it's such a good idea though. Maybe for recovery of data in the event of a system crash.

Paul...

--

plinehan  x__AT__x  yahoo  x__DOT__x  com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

Please do not top-post.