utl_file

From: Peter Weidner <weidnerp_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:02:33 +0100

Hello friends

I have a problem with UTL_File under Oracle 9.2i there - operating system Windows 2000 Professional.

Following: I have a procedure in a Package, that reads from an Utl_File and also passes out something into an Utl_File again. Until this Package as well as this procedure perfectly worked two weeks ago. Then however I had a Crash on my computer, I had to install everything again. From this time works my Package as well as procedure no longer. Although is all right, in the Init.I have ora file Utl_File_Dir = * put down and I have installed also the Utl-Package, the corresponding User the right given and nevertheless I can access my corresponding Utl-Fileses no longer. Already with the OPEN of the file, I receive a mistake and it becomes said that the file-name unknown is. Has somebody of you an idea what there can be wrong??. I think, that something doesn't work as right as it in the system should, because as said, the procedure perfectly ran before the Crash. Is grateful for each help.

Peter Weidner

P.S. I hope, you can read my English moderately.Still something, I let my procedure run under TOAD version 7.6. Received on Mon Dec 15 2003 - 17:02:33 CST