Setup USERENV in a DBlink without PL ?

From: Christophe C <chcourto_at_capgemini.fr>
Date: 15 Dec 2003 07:41:55 -0800

Hi,

 I've got some views with a WHERE clause which contains some calls to USERENV. (USERENV('LANG') or USERENV('CLIENT_INFO') ). If this environment is not initialized through some PL/SQL call, the view does not return anything. This is not a problem for PL scripts, but I don't know how to make this initialization when the views are called from another continent through a DBlink. Re-creating views from scratch without these WHERE clauses would be a maintenance nightmare, and I have no control on the way the data is retrieved from the outside (it must work with a simple DBLink).

 Has anyone an idea ? Thanks in advance.

 We'll have the same problem with any access without access to PL or sqlplus - Access or Discoverer by the way.

 Context : Migration towards Oracle Application v 11i , Oracle DBMS 9i

--
Christophe