quick question on patch 8.1.7.4

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospamyahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 04:36:38 GMT

Here's the scenario...

A few weeks back one of the older servers (w2k) goes berserk for no apparant reason, initial clues point to raid controller etc.. but the windows gurus cant find anything out so start machine back up and all seems ok, but I'm nervous about an important db being on flaky equip so I move the database over to a "quieter" server and fire it up on there until original problem is figured out. Both oracle installs are at 8.1.7.4 patchset and I moved the db over by "cloning" it and recreating the controlfile.

On friday we get a new machine, install 8.1.7 on it and come in today to move database back on to new machine,again using "cloning" method, all goes well and database fires up ok - OOOPS!, forgot to install the 8.1.7.4 patchset to oracle before all this! Shut all oracle services down, install the patchset and fire the db back up, away she goes...

Since this particular db already had the patch run against it on its original machine, I'm thinking I shouldnt need to start it up again with

   "_system_trig_enabled=false" and rerun the dictionary scripts again, am I correct in this assumption or should I start it up with the system triggers disabled and run them again?

TIA Received on Sun Dec 14 2003 - 22:36:38 CST