Re: import issue between 8i and 9i

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:44:08 -0000

 Hi,

 8.1.5 and 9.2.0.4

 Yet more testing of my upgrades has highlighted a problem that google can't seem to remedy.

 I have nightly exports of the 'old' 8i system being run each night with

 exp user/pass buffer=x file=y log=z

 this runs without error and i see the following in the head of the export log

. exporting sequence numbers

 i import these into the 9i system with

 imp system/pass fromuser=user touser=user file=y log=z

 again this finishes without error

 The issue is that this users sequences do not appear to be either imported over or exported correctly although as i said i can see  no errors.

 The actual error i get is

 java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (XXXX.PK_XXXXX) violated

 Does my syntax look correct for the sequences etc to be copied over OK - from imp help=y it seems to me as though it is but for some reason it seems to not be importing the sequenxes corrently.

 thanks for any help

 Tom Received on Fri Dec 12 2003 - 08:44:08 CST